But I Digress
April 6, 2006
Where was I? Oh, yes, whining: Then there's the attention deficit problem, that isn't a lot of fun, either.
Attention deficit: Find spot for Neal to plant the new clematis Montana ruba under the old crabapple tree-here? there? another here? - ah, what's that blooming? Some variety of Allium - hmmm different from the ones in the other bed behind me - turn to look - yes, those are still there, but no buds - will bloom later. Oh, no!! wild garlic about to bloom - can tell difference - pointed tip. eeks! 3 kinds of weeds blooming in the other bed - start pulling but soon panic sets in. Go to computer; look up student employment office at local University. - Broad Band cable company doing maintenance on system - no e-mail possible! - look for old message in e-mailbox ("Helpers") that might contain her phone number, call woman - got recorded message, left my cell phone number. Drink water before I go back out. See "Horticulture" Magazine open to photo of Christopher Lloyd and Fergus Garrett wearing brown trousers. Think: I should show it to Neal for he'd decided proper clothing for his new professional status, as sole owner of his new landscape and water garden company, should include brown trousers. And, there, he was right. Two well-established, famous gardeners in England wear them, too. Proves his decision. Computer down: can't order more Clematis. Grrr! Up until 2:00 a.m. this morning reading up on clematis, trying to order but finding SOLD OUT numerous times (and this is only April?!) Stopping to write this helped me settle down. Now where was I - oh yes, back to the herb barrel for the 14th time in 4 days. Planting task there is still not finished because I bounce around and can't stay to it.
________________ NEXT PAGE _______________
__________ GARDEN JOURNAL INDEX _________
_______________ HOME PAGE _______________





